2017 Beauty & Makeup Review: Favorite Products
Hello! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday break. I took some time off but am back and ready to share <3
Today's post is about all the beauty products I couldn't live without in 2017. I swear by these products and have been using most of them for years. See below for my faves and why I love them so much.
1. L'Occitane hand creme & cuticle oil ($32)- Let me start by saying the weather in NYC is 9 degrees. Without these two products I would have some chapped hands. The hand creme is extremely moisturizing and the cuticle oil is SO easy to apply. You just squeeze the tube a little and brush onto your nails, can't get easier than that!
2. CO Bigelow Lip Balm ($8) - I have the worst chapped lips ever, and this is the only product I have found that makes them completely un-chapped. There are close seconds, but this product is the best.
3. Lush lip scrub ($10.95) - Like I said, my lips are ALWAYS chapped, this helps after the shower if I scrub with this then use the end of the towel to scrub a little too.
4. Milky jelly cleanser ($18)- I recommend this product to everyone. It takes most of your makeup off and leaves your skin feeling firmer and clean without stripping your skin (or stinging your eyes!)
5. Glamglow Volcasmic Moisturizer ($49) - This moisturizer is amazing. It smells like candy and makes your skin so moisturized and soft. No other moisturizer I've tried compares to this, but no one talks about it! You have to go try this.
6. Noni Glow face oil ($68) - Once I heard Miranda Kerr was putting her products in Sephora, I knew I had to try them out. The noni face oil did not disappoint. Combined with the moisturizer above, your skin will feel like a baby's bum.
7. Noni Glow Calming Lavender Face Mist ($34) - It's the best lavender smell and amazing to have when you are going to sleep or are feeling stressed. It always puts me in a happier mood when I use it.
7. St. Ives Face Scrub ($3.59) -Great drugstore product that my grandmother swears by. It makes your skin so soft and a little extra clean and fresh. I love this product around once a week.
8. Tocca Body Scrub | Stella ($32) - Recently picked this up at a sample sale in NYC and it's changed the game. It leaves your skin soft, supple, and, well hydrated. I love how it feels in the winter and can't wait to see what this is like in the summer!
1. Maybelline® Face Studio Master Prime ($7.79) - Amazing drug store primer. I mix this in with whatever foundation I'm using and it creates the best consistency and glow for your skin.
2. Tart Shape Tape Concealer ($27) - I feel like this product explains it's self. It have amazing coverage and stay power and every beauty guru talks about it.
3. Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer ($30) - I've been using this for 6 years! I can't find anything better and it smells like chocolate, can't get better than that. I also love this as an eye shadow because I am lazy and think this is a good crease color for my skin.
4. Maybelline Lash Sensational ($6.99) - I genuinely like this formula more than any other mascara (yes, even better than sex by too faced!) It curls my lashes while I put it on, coats every lash, and keeps then in the same place all day. Like seriously, all day. And it doesn't flake. I swear by this.
5. Laura Mercier Eye Basics Lid Primer ($28) - Never thought I would love an eye primer this much, but it makes eye shadow go on so well and make it easier to layer. Love this product.
Have any questions about these product for me? Send an email or DM on insta @sarahgrossdesign. I would love to hear what you think!